Dear Parents and Students,
The district policy is such that homework is twofold;
1) It is to practice what the student has learned in class.
2) To teach responsibility in taking it home, doing the work, and
returning the packet on time to class.
All homework packets are distributed on Fridays and are to be completed and
turned in the following Friday. If there are issues or
concerns, please phone, send a note, or email your child's teacher. All
homework packets are a part of the students' grades. Students will be invited
to FUN FRIDAY when they return their homework packet. Thank you for your
support and assistance on the homework.
**Please note that our homework packet has a different format. Please contact
Mrs. Gulden OR Mrs. Keating with any questions or request for additional paper
needed to complete the homework.
**Homework is given out every Friday and due the following Friday. The only
exceptions are when we return from off track.
ACCELERATED CHALLENGES FOR OUR 1st GRADE YEAR:
1) Write an animal report, illustrate and present to class!
2) Create an animal diarama using materials from home and present to class!
3) Create a graph for a month of weather. Share in class!
4) Share photos in class of places your family has gone!
5) Make a collage (photos, magazines, newspaper) of "Weather"!
6) Type a poem, story, or true adventure on your computer, print it
and share it in class!
7) Check out different seeds, their germination time, plant, and
grow in soil. Record from beginning to end. Share in class!
8) Interview family members, neighbors, and friends about their
"favorites". ie: Foods, Books read, places visited. Graph it
and share in class!
9) Make a menu of healthful foods and help your parent cook a meal.
Share the menu and the meal in class!
10) Read an ACCELERATED READER book from the library and take the quiz.
11) Create/design your own game board with game pieces and rules. Share!
12) Read about MATTER. (Gas, liquid, solids) Write a list of as many
things you can and place them under the appropriate category. Add
photos or drawings of each part of matter. Share with the class!
13) Visit a museum to learn about people long ago and/or artifacts. Bring in
pictures to share with the class.
14) Draw a map of your home and neighborhood. Be sure to include a legend
and symbols. Share with the class.
15) Write a letter to let someone know how much you care about them.
Address and stamp the envelope. Share the letter and envelope with
the class before mailing it.