Our class will be having a play, "The First Thanksgiving", on November 22, 2016. More information will be forthcoming. We look forward to seeing you all!
November 1, 2016
A copy of the Spanish Vocabulary may be found under the EFL STUDY SHEETS tab. These words may also be found on page 132-133 on the on-line textbook via the student portal. A copy will be sent home tomorrow. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
October 31, 2016
Thank you for all the wonderful special treats you shared with us!
We would like to invite you to view our albums on Snapfish.com.
The following is the information you need to enter the site:
Hope you enjoy!
Everyone have a fun and safe night!
October 24, 2016
We hope you are well. Below are some reminders for this week.
1. Students are to be on IXL (when assigned) for NO MORE than 20 minutes OR until they reach 80% mastery.
2. Students are to be on i-Ready until they complete the lesson OR for 20 minutes. Please complete BLUE lessons first.
3. Math pages (179-180 and 185-186) with notes were sent home for review.
4. BOO Grams will be sold through Thursday. Students may purchase these BOO Grams BEFORE school. They are $2.00
5. The BOOK FAIR is being held this week. We will be visiting the Book Fair during our scheduled time, Thursday and Friday.
6. Thursday, October 27 is "Say No to Drugs Day" at BGEC. Please wear a RED top with a UNIFORM bottom. There is no donation needed for this dress down day, it is free.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
October 19, 2016
Please check your child's supplies. Your child should have the following supplies in their pencil bag:
5 SHARPENED wooden pencils (Please check pencils daily)
1 pen-any color
1 highlighter- any color
1 glue stick
1 box of crayons- 16 count max
The sign-in information for IXL may be found on a letter that was sent home a few weeks ago. It is as follows:
USERNAME: firstnamelastname258 (no spaces)
Thank you for your support.
October 12, 2016
We hope you are well. The following are reminders for this week and next week.
1. Math Chapter 2 Test: Friday, October 14th.
2. HURRICANE MATTHEW RELIEF: Please refer to flyer sent home on October 11th. Collection of food, hygiene products, batteries, school supplies and first aid items will be collected through October 20th.
3. Next week is United Way Spirit Week. A flyer will be sent home tomorrow.
Monday: Mustache Monday
Tuesday: Miami Dolphins Day
Wednesday: Western Wednesday
Thursday: Terrific USA Spirit Day
Friday: Crazy Socks and Hair Day.
4. Tuesday, October 18th- Miami Dolphins Hometown Huddle. Wear your Miami Dolphins attire. Please fill out the WAIVER ON-LINE (flyer went home on October 10th). Waiver is due Monday, October 17th.
Here is the link: www.dolphins.com/waivers
5. School Uniform Sale on Tuesday, October 18th at 5:00 PM.
Thank you for your support!
October 11, 2016
Yesterday your child took home the Math Chapter 2 Study Guide. The Chapter 2 Test will be given on Friday, October 14th. We have been reviewing and preparing in class.
You are encouraged to visit the MDCP-S student portal in order to access the Math Textbook and review Chapter 2. Please go over the Chapter Review at the end of the chapter (on-line textbook).
The only Math home learning assigned this week is studying for the preparation for this test. Please use the study guide, previous home learning assignments and on-line textbook as resources.
In addition, the skills for Reading/Language Arts and Spanish from last week are currently being covered in class this week due to the storm (Hurricane Matthew). The Reading and Language Arts word list (spelling and vocabulary) may be found on the Home Learning tab (As indicated by Mrs. Y.). The Spanish word list was sent home last week.
We thank you for your cooperation.
October 4, 2016
Due to a printer issue, the Reading vocabulary/spelling will be posted on this website. Please go to the home learning tab for details.
Have a good day!
September 26, 2016
Good Afternoon Parents,
I did not pass out the fluency passage today. I will give it to them tomorrow. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Have a great evening!
September 22, 2016
TOMORROW IS PICTURE DAY!
September 20,2016Good Morning Parents,
Yesterday, your child brought home a Fluency Passage. (A Pet of My Own) Please time your child for one minute to practice. Record the numbers of words read in the 1st column, the mispronounced words in the 2nd column, and the correct words in the 3rd column. To get the words correct just subtract Words Read from mispronounced words. I have attached an additional recording sheet in the tab Home Learning for extra practice. Tonight they are to answer the questions and be timed again.
For Social Studies the map I sent yesterday is for reference only. They will need to know how to label a blank map just like the one sent home, with the continents by Friday.
Have a great day!
Sept. 19, 2016
GREAT JOB ON IXL! I am so proud! Keep it up. Just checked and you are all doing awesome!
Sept. 15, 2016
Good Evening Parents.
As promised, the Open House presentation has been uploaded to the "Parent Documents and Forms" tab. It was a pleasure to see you all. Thanks for coming.
Please JOIN THE PTSA!!!
Please remember that the last day to pay for school pictures is TOMORROW. Cash only/Exact change.
Sept. 9, 2016
We hope you are enjoying your evening.
1. Passwords have been reset for the MDCP-Schools student portal.
Username: Student ID #
Password: birth month, birthday, birth year, lowercase first and last initials.
Example: Susy Fernandez's birthday is March 1, 2009 and her student ID number is 1234567.
Her username is: 1234567
Her password is: 030109sf
2. Monday, Sept. 12- Students may wear red/white/blue top with uniform bottom.
3. Wednesday, Sept. 14- Open House (See flyer)
4. Friday, Sept. 16- Last day to pay for school pictures.
Have a great weekend!
Sept. 7, 2016
Good Morning. We hope you are having a wonderful day! Here are some helpful reminders:
1. Please be advised that the home learning assignments that your child is expected to complete each day are found in their agenda. Please follow the assignments found in the agenda only.
2. Grandparents breakfast is this Friday, Sept. 9th. (See flyer)
3. Picture money (Last day Sept. 16th) and PTSA membership dues are being collected.
4. Monday, Sept. 12 students may wear a red/white/blue top with UNIFORM BOTTOM.
Have a great day!
September 6, 2016
Your child is taking home their blue folder today. This is their Reading folder. In it, you will find their assigned Home learning for Reading. There was a mix up with this week's list of spelling and vocabulary so I have posted it to the home learning tab of this website. I will provide a hard copy later this week. Also, I have decided to post the weekly letters instead of printing them in the tab labeled Weekly Reading Letter.
If your child's folder is missing the sheet protectors , please try to provide them by the end of this week.
Please note several students are not coming prepared to class, please check your child's pencil pouch the night before and make sure they have at least 5 sharpened pencils each and every day.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
August 29, 2016
We hope you are doing well. The following are some helpful tips to help you through the week.
1. Today your child took home a student AGENDA. (Thank you BGEC PTSA). Your child will copy his home learning each day in class. Please keep in mind that ALL THE HOME LEARNING FOR THE WEEK IS DUE ON FRIDAY.
2. If your child has a notice from the Media Center stapled to their agenda, please review the information regarding overdue materials.
3. Inside your child's RED DAILY FOLDER, you will find a "Second Grade Information Sheet" (inside sheet protector). Please keep this form inside your child's folder. DO NOT REMOVE IT. Please provide your child with a phone number where he/she may reach you if necessary. Write it on the form.
4. The office sent home an UPDATED FLU VACCINE FORM. If you would like to have your child receive the FLU VACCINE YOU MUST FILL OUT THIS NEW FORM. The form previously sent home (last week) is void.
5. There is NO SCHOOL tomorrow, August 30, 2016.
August 25, 2016
Please remember that ALL PAPERWORK, FORMS, and DOCUMENTS are DUE TOMORROW. Please review, fill-out, sign and return the paperwork with your child.
August 23, 2017
An ORANGE paper was sent home today for you to fill out. IT IS DUE TOMORROW. Please fill out the orange paper and send it to school with your child TOMORROW: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24th.
Your child's RED "DAILY FOLDER"/HOME LEARNING FOLDER (or temporary folder issued in class) MUST BE SENT TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR CHILD DAILY. PLEASE DO NOT KEEP THIS FOLDER AT HOME.
Please REVIEW, FILL-OUT and RETURN ALL Parent documents/forms NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, AUGUST 26, 2016.
We kindly request that ALL classroom supplies are brought to school no later than: MONDAY, AUGUST 29th.
For Mrs. Bauza's home room ONLY:
Mrs. Rarick, the Art teacher, has requested the following supplies for her class:
1 Pack of pencils
1 pack colored "Sharpie" markers
Roll of paper towels
You may send these Art supplies to school as soon as possible. Please label the supplies with your child's name. Students will have their next Art class on Tuesday, Sept. 6. (There is NO school on Tuesday, August 30th- Teacher Planning Day)
August 20, 2016
We hope you are enjoying your weekend! It was a pleasure to meet you on Friday at the Parent Meet and Greet. We request...
When emailing us please include your child's FIRST and LAST NAME in the subject line. Our email addresses are as follows:
Mrs. Bauza: AngelaBauza@dadeschools.net
Mrs. Yaghdjian: NYaghdjian@dadeschools.net
Please be aware that if you email us using the link on the left of this webpage, "Email your Teachers", the email will automatically be sent only to Mrs. Bauza.
If you received the alert for this update please let Mrs. Bauza know, via e-mail, as some parents have been unable to receive e-mail alerts and we are trying to resolve this issue.
We thank you and look forward to seeing you Monday.
August 17, 2016
The "Meet the Teacher" event is this Friday, August 19 from 9:00 AM-10:00 AM. If you'd like to drop off your child's supplies you may do so. PLEASE PLACE THE SUPPLIES IN A PLASTIC BAG, TIE THE BAG AND LABEL THE BAG WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME.
August 13, 2016
Please SIGN UP for our class NEWS LETTER. (See tab on left.) Please read the updates below.
August 11, 2016
Below are some helpful reminders for the upcoming week:
Monday, August 15th
• 2nd Grade Orientations: Main Campus- MLC Café - 8:30 AM
• Uniform Sales: Main Campus- Elementary Café - 8:30 AM-2:00 PM
• The Spanish Honor Society will be Collecting Gently Used Book Bags & Halloween Costumes : Main Campus Elementary Café- 8:30 AM-2:00 PM (During uniform sale) DONATIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
• Aftercare Registration & VPK Payments: Main Campus- Media Center - 9:00 AM-2:00 PM
Friday, August 19th
• Pre-K – 8th Grade Meet the Teacher Event: PLC & Main Campus -9:00 AM-10:00 AM
Thank you and have a great week!
August 5, 2016
We hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer. The supply list has been posted under the "SUPPLY LIST" Tab.
Remember to please sign-up for the "NEWS LETTER" to receive class updates.
Have a very blessed and happy summer.
Mrs. Bauza & Mrs. Yaghdjian
June 16, 2016
Enjoy your summer and we look forward to seeing you in August!