August 28, 2015
- If your child's dismissal status/procedure is to change for the second week of school, please email or send us a note by Mon. 8/31.
On any other occasion a note is best as we check our email in the morning and afternoon and may not read it in time for dismissal.
We have provided a slip for your convenience under the Parent Documents and Forms tab.
IF YOU MUST REACH US - Call the school office and we will be notified. Your child should know how he/she is going home each day. This allows for he/she to feel safe and secure. STAYED TUNED TO NEWS AND WEATHER UPDATES THIS WEEKEND!
August 27, 2015
What a great week so far!
Here are some reminders for this week:
1. ALL PAPER WORK IS DUE FRIDAY, AUGUST 28, 2015
2. ALL SUPPLIES ARE DUE MONDAY, August 31, 2015
In addition, ALL STUDENTS WHO LINE UP AT THE PE SHELTER TOMORROW, WILL GET A TREAT. Our morning line up # are 9 and 10. In the event that it is raining or it is too cold, students are to report to the Elementary Cafeteria stage.
Please remember these are SAFE and SUPERVISED areas.
August 24, 2015
WHAT AN AMAZING FIRST DAY!
It was a pleasure to meet you all this morning. Please remember to fill out all forms and send them back to school as soon as possible.
All forms are due by Friday, August 28, 2015.
All supplies are due by Monday, August 31, 2015.
Thank you for your support! Have a great week!
August 12, 2015
Mark your calendars...
Open House will be held on Wednesday, September 9th. Times TBA.
July 30, 2015
We are looking forward to meeting you and your children on the first day of school. You may come directly to our classrooms, rooms 72 and 73. We have posted our supply list on the tab titled "Supply List" on the left margin of this webpage. If you would like, you may bring any supplies you have purchased already. If you have not purchased school supplies yet...no worries! We will send home our supply list on Monday, August 24th.
If you'd like, please e-mail us the following "check-in" information, so that your morning drop off may run smoothly. There is an e-mail link on the left side page of this webpage titled "E-mail your teachers".
1. Your child's name.
2. How will your child go home?
3. What kind of lunch is your child going to have; home or school lunch?
4. Your name and a phone number where you may be reached at.
5. Any concerns you may have.
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL REMINDERS to help you the first week:
1. Please visit the Parent Portal at http://bgec.dadeschools.net/index.htm
Here you can:
- Sign up for the electronic grade book.
- Sign up for a school lunch account.
- Sign up for volunteer clearance.
2. You may find the Parent Handbook in the school's website.
Please click on the link below to reference this handbook.
3. The class supply list may be found on the "Supply List" tab on this website.
You may bring these supplies, if you wish, on the first day of class.
4. During the first week of school, your child will be bringing important information home for you to review. Please check their book bag for these items. These must be reviewed, filled out, signed and returned.
a. Student Handbook receipt
b. Media Consent Form
c. Lunch application (Optional)
d. Classroom Discipline Plan
e. Student Information Sheet (a total of 2)
f. Home Learning Policy
g. Emergency Contact Cards (a total of 2)
h. Code of Student Conduct
i. Special Area forms (Music, Art, PE)
5. In order to keep up with our class news and updates, please sign-up for notifications in the "NEWSFLASH" tab in this website.
6. If your child uses an EPI Pen or any other medication, please visit our school office, in order to pick up the documentation that your child's doctor must fill out. Please keep in mind that these documents MUST be updated EVERY SCHOOL YEAR.
7. REVISED BGEC SCHOOL EVENTS
REVISED~ Uniform Sale Date
Monday, August 17th ~ 9:00 AM-3:00 PM~ Main Campus- Elementary Café
The PTSA will be selling uniforms and school spirit items (book bags, pencil cases, lunch boxes, and ‘paw-some school supplies. This is the LAST sale before school begins:
Monday, August 17th ~ Main Campus- MLC Café
Pre-K-2nd Grade~ 9:00 AM
3rd-5th Grade~ 11:00 AM
6th-8th Grade~ 1:00 PM
REVISED~ Aftercare Registration:
Monday, August 17th ~ Main Campus- Main Office
9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Mrs. Bauza and Mrs. Toledo