HOME LEARNING Mon. & Tues. ONLY!!!
BrainPopJr. - Social Studies movies - Needs and Wants & Thanksgiving
iReady for BOTH READING AND MATH
November 18, 2014
Hello Parents! We hope you are having a wonderful week!
Our field trip is this Friday, November 21, 2014. Please adhere to the following reminders:
1. Please be to school on time. The buses are scheduled to leave at 8:45
2. Please, IF POSSIBLE, have your child wear their YELLOW POLO/T-SHIRT. Students MUST wear their uniforms.
3. DO NOT send money. WE WILL NOT HAVE time for shopping at the fair.
4. Please send your child's lunch to school that day in the ZIPLOC provided. Please LABEL the bag with your child's name.
5. If you have not done so already, please send the filled out and signed field trip form to school.
Our Thanksgiving Feast is on Monday, November 24th. Please send the permission form and payment to school no later than Thursday, November 20th.
THERE WILL BE NO HOME LEARNING ASSIGNMENTS NEXT WEEK.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Thank you for your cooperation!
Mrs. Bauza and Mrs. Toledo
Oct. 27, 2014
Welcome to the Second Grading Period!
SAY NO TO DRUGS PEP-RALLY study song
Thurs. 10/30 - Students may wear RED shirts with uniform bottoms!
"FUN" Haunted House
Fri. 10/31 - Students may wear their COSTUMES to school!
NO masks, weapons or toys.
October 20, 2014
Please attend our EFL SHOWCASE being held on Thursday, October 24th. All students attending will receive a "NO HOME LEARNING COUPON"!
ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE HEADPHONES
We are utilizing computer-based programs for both reading and math.
Without headphones, students are unable to utilize these valuable programs. Please ascertain that your child brings headphones to school DAILY!
Oct. 20, 2014
PICTURE DAY 10/21
NO SCHOOL 10/24
October 13, 2014
The Spanish Home Learning has been cancelled for tonight. The file is not uploading.
Thank you for your understanding. Have a wonderful evening!
October 8, 2014
This week our students had the opportunity to use laptops in class. They did great! We are so proud of our kiddos!
On Monday, your child will take their Math Chapter 2 Test. Please have your child review the skills covered in this chapter, by reviewing the materials in the "chapter 2 pocket", found in your child's RED MATH FOLDER. Please make sure that your child brings this folder to class EACH DAY.
In addition, please make sure that your child brings his/her (home learning) MATH PRACTICE WORKBOOK or PAGES to class so that they are prepared to REVIEW and PREVIEW their home learning. This will help your child become independent and develop strong study habits.
Thank you for your support and have a wonderful weekend!
October 7, 2014
Please be advised that the newspaper, being requested in this week's Spanish and Social Studies home learning, will be used for a paper mache project in class. Your child should bring in the amount of about 2 "Miami Laker" newspapers. You do not need to place the newspaper in a Ziploc bag. Only the pictures/print-outs or illustrations should be placed in the Ziploc bag. We have sent home a Ziploc bag, today, with your child.
Thank you for your help and support!
October 6, 2014
This week's home learning has been uploaded.
Sept. 30, 2014
Our Second Graders are doing GREAT! They are ready for the next step in Home Learning!
Today your child will take home a RED MATH FOLDER. This Math folder should:
1. be used as a study guide OR as needed (There is a "Study Guide" page for each night's HW assignment. Check the pocket that correlates with the chapter number.)
2. ALWAYS STAY IN YOUR CHILD'S BOOK BAG. BRING IT TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY! We will be adding resources to this folder in order to help your child review at home. Please DO NOT REMOVE any pages from this folder.
Please use your child's "TOOLKIT" to reference website addresses, usernames and passwords. This paper can be found in your child's PURPLE home learning folder (in a sheet protector). This was supplied toy our child on the first day of school.
Please allow your child to bring his/her Math workbook or workbook pages to class in order to review and preview home learning assignments. We are currently dedicating the first 5/10 minutes of class to answering any questions the students had regarding the prior night's home learning. In addition, the students and I preview the home learning that is assigned and we complete an example together. This will help your child develop a very valuable study habit that they can use in the upcoming grades. It is working great so far...students are very motivated!
Thank you and have a great day.
Mrs. Bauza & Mrs. Toledo
Sept. 25, - This week's Reading Home Learning does NOT include a Reading Log. Please DISREGARD the White House assignment, that was an error!
PLEASE click on the Reading and Language Arts tab for TASK CARDS.
This is a great tool to offer support during reading and home learning.
Sept. 18th - Please see HOME LEARNING tab as Vocab. Definitions have been posted.
Spelling & Vocab. TEST tomorrow! SEE your child's agenda for details!!!
DRESS DOWN Friday, 9/19 - favorite college colors or t-shirt.
Our fabulous PTSA will be collecting $2.00 for dress down ($1.00 jeans & $1.00 shirt). Participation is optional, however, all monies collected go right back to our school's technology programs and activities. PLEASE SUPPORT!!!!
Sept. 11, 2014
We hope message finds you well.
Today, our class did not discuss the tragic events that took place on Sept. 11th due to its graphic and sensitive manner. We have left the discussion of this topic up to the discretion of each family. Instead we discussed United States symbols and the meaning behind each.
Mrs. Bauza and Mrs. Toledo
Sept 10, 2014
We hope you are doing well. Please read the notices for this week below. Thank you in advance for your attention and cooperation.
2. Please wear red, white and blue on Sept. 11th.
3. REMINDER: Please ensure that Home Learning assignments are done by students when assigned. We will COLLECT ALL assignments on Fridays as stated in our Home Learning Policy. We are asking that SCIENCE, MATH & SPANISH home learning assignments be stapled together for Mrs. Bauza and Reading, Writing , and Social Studies be stapled together for Mrs. Toledo for Friday morning's collection of Home Learning so that the children do not lose them. THANK YOU in advance.
4. Please do not pass out birthday party invitations during school hours. Please do so privately after school hours. Thank you.
Sept. 9, 2014
The Reading and Language Arts word lists, Science "print-out" and Spanish List #3 are NOW available to access.
Click on the Home Learning tab.
Assignments are in your child's agenda.
August 29, 2014
We have had a great week!
The Spanish word lists have been uploaded. You may find the list for this week (list #1) and the list for next week (list # 2) on the "Home Learning Tab". Please remember that there is no school on Monday.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
August 24, 2014
We hope you have had a great weekend. Please remember to fill out and return the BYOD Survey that was sent home on Friday. Students who return their survey tomorrow, will receive tickets for the Class Treasure Chest.
August 22, 2014
As the first week of school comes to an end, we would like to commend our students for the amazing job they have done ALL week! Our kids are truly special!
Please review the CLASS DISCIPLINE PLAN with your child.
Your child will have Music on Tuesday. A letter was sent home from Mrs. Locke. This letter MUST BE SIGNED AND RETURNED on Tuesday, August 26th. Mrs. Locke, also requested for students to bring in supplies for her class, which could be the same supplies used for our class.
We encourage you to purchase supplies to be kept in the Music folder, exclusively for Mrs. Locke's class. This is only a suggestion. Mrs. Locke will be keeping the Music folder in her class. If your child places their other supplies in a Ziploc or pencil bag inside their folder, they will ALWAYS have their supplies for Music. Please keep in mind that PE immediately follows Music class. Sometimes students lose or forget supplies at PE.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL MUSIC SUPPLIES (listed on the letter from Mrs. Locke) AND THE SIGNED LETTER ARE DUE ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 26th. If you can not find the letter, we have posted a copy on the HW tab.
August 19, 2014
Morning Drop-off Procedures - EFFECTIVE 8/20
Closed-Campus Policy - EFFECTIVE 8/22
Mrs. Bauza's Homeroom goes to LINE 11 & Mrs. Toledo's Homeroom goes to LINE 17
August 15, 2014
We are looking forward to meeting you and your children on Monday. You may come directly to our classrooms, rooms 72 and 73. If you would like, you may bring any supplies you have purchased already. If you have not purchased school supplies...no worries! We will send home our supply list on Monday, August 18th. Supplies are due on Friday. If you would like, please e-mail us the following "check-in" information, so that your morning drop off may run smoothly. There is an e-mail link on the left side page of this webpage.
1. Your child's name.
2. How will your child go home?
3. What kind of lunch is your child going to have; home or school lunch?
4. Your name and a phone number where you may be reached at.
5. Any concerns you may have.
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL REMINDERS:
1. Please visit the school's website. You may want to sign up for the electronic grade book or a school lunch account.
2. You may find the Parent Handbook in the school's website.
Please click on the link below to reference this handbook.
3. The class supply list may be found on the "Supply List" tab on this website.
You may bring these supplies, if you wish, on the first day of class. These items may be purchased at: Dollar Tree, Walmart or Target etc.
4. During the first week of school, your child will be bring important information home for you to review. Please check their book bag for these items. These must be reviewed, filled out, signed and returned.
a. Handbook receipt
b. Media Consent Form
c. Lunch application (Optional)
d. Classroom Discipline Plan
e. Student Information Sheet
f. Home Learning Policy
g. Emergency Contact Card
h. Code of Student Conduct
5. In order to keep up with our class news and updates, please sign-up for notifications in the "NEWSFLASH" tab in this website.
This year Open house will take place on September 16th. We strongly encourage you to attend. At Open House, we will be discussing classroom rules and procedures, important test dates, and how to help your child achieve his/her full potential. We will have a power point presentation available for parents who are not able to attend.
We wish you a blessed weekend and look forward to seeing you on Monday!
Mrs. Bauza and Mrs. Toledo