Use the following web sites as well as your textbook to complete the worksheet.
1. MedLine Plus: What is sickle cell anemia?
Sickle Cell Anemia
2. NetWellness: Sickle Cell Genotypes
Sickle Cell Genetics
3. NHLBI NIH: Inheritance of Sickle Cell
Inheritance of Sickle Cell
4. CFF: What is Cystic Fibrosis
5. YGYH: How does a person get CF?
(click "Go") Read the material and click "continue" to proceed.
Cystic Fibrosis Inheritance
6&7. Wkikpedia: XY Sex-Determination System
X and Y Chromosomes
8. Science at a Distance: Mendelian Genetics: Sex Inheritance
Inheritance of Gender
9&10. What is a Sex Linked Gene?
Scroll down to find examples of sex linked traits.
Sex Linked Genes
11. Basic Genetics: X-linked recessive
12&13. Open Door Web Site: Genetics: Pedigree Charts
14. Learn Genetics: Make a Karyotype
15. March of Dimes: Chromosome Disorders
16. Genetic Health: What is Genetic Counseling?
17&18&19. Genetic Engineering.org
18&19. Bright Hub: Pros & Cons of Genetic Engineering
20&21. The Gee in Genome! What is a Genome?
21.Human Genome Project Information: Insights ...
Scroll down to "Applications, Future Challenges
22. Human Genome Project - For Better or Worse?
NCBI Human Genome Project 23 chromosome map
ThinkQuest: Applications of DNA
Applications of DNA
ThinkQuest: Genetic Engineering Human's Playground
ThinkQuest: Gattaga:The Future is Now