|Home | Teacher | Lab Schedule | Links | Acceptable Use Agreement | Computer Lab | Technology Standards | PreK Links | Kindergarten Links | Grade 1 | Grade 2 | Grade 3 | Grade 4 | Grade 5 | Google Earth | Google Earth U.S. Map | Library Websites | Library Stories | Library Resources | Watertown | Hosmer File Server | Fractions | Poetry Links | Keyboarding | Google Docs | Thanksgiving | Gingerbread Fun! | Searching | Music and Dance | Email|
View the following videos in BrainPop under "Computers & Internet" to learn more about how technology works:
Data Storage Devices
1. Review input and output devices
2. Computer Parts Activity - find a partner
1. Word Search CreationTool - using some of the vocabulary mentioned in the videos.
Acceptable Use Agreement
What do you think this is?
Link to AUA survey by Poll Everywhere
Acceptable Use Agreement Poll
Review how to use the Library Catalog
1. Watch videos #2 and #3 to help you review how you can use the library catalog to help you find books.
Learn more about Google Spreadsheets
1. Review of introduction to spreadsheets
2. Learn about how you can format cells on a spreadsheet
Dewey Decimal System
1. What's this all about?
3. Read about the DDS in Factmonster.
5. Now practice what you have learned about the DDS. Click on the link below and go to Grade 5 and see if you can do activities 2, 3, 4, and 6.
6. Okay, now you're ready to explore the books that we have in the library. See if you can find an interesting book in at least four different subject areas. Write down the title and the Dewey Decimal Number on your paper.
7. If you have extra time, you can try doing the crossword puzzle or the word search puzzle.
Earth Day - What can we do to help our planet?
2. Getting started with Scratch is a handout that will provide you with what you need to know to get started creating in Scratch.
3. Visit the Scratch website to download this software and to learn more about it.
2. Try the activities at that same website.
3. Check out these two activities:
4. Now you're ready to glide in Scratch!