Our theme for the 2012 - 2013 school year is "Go Light Your World".
Religion Study Guide
Chapter 12: Celebrations of God's Love
Pages 151 - 161
Date of test: Friday, April 19
1. Study the Faith Words in the chapter: sacraments, page 152;
sacraments of Christian Initiation, page 154; Confirmation, page 156;
sacramentals, page 158, first paragraph, last sentence.
2. Study pages 152 - 153, the Seven Sacraments. Use the word cards to
match their meanings. Have Mom and give you a description of each
sacrament. Lay the work card out that matches the meaning they give
you. Know that Jesus gave us the sacraments.
3. What is the first sacrament we receive? We receive the sacrament
of Baptism first. It marks us with a lasting sign, or character. We
are baptized only once. Our godparents promise to help our parents
teach us about Jesus and how to live as Jesus taught.
4. What is Confirmation? Confirmation strengthens us to live our
Baptism. The gift of the Holy Spirit is strengthened within us. We
are also marked with a permanent sign, or character. We receive
Confirmation only one time. The bishop anoints us with chrism as he
says, "Be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit."
5. What are Sacramentals? Sacramentals are objects and blessings we
use in our worship and prayer. Use the stapled page to pick 4 you
woule like to talk about on the test. Be prepared to tell how these
sacramentals remind us ouf our faith in God.
As always, contact me if you have any questions or concerns.