The goal of the Crow Agency Public School's computer lab is to
integrate technology into all classroom curricula.
All classes from K-5 come to the lab to do their projects. With the help
of the computer lab instructor, the classroom teacher, and the librarian.
they have produced many projects. They also use software programs to enhance
their content area subjects.
* Kindergarten students are working through the program
Essential Skills, Lexia, and educationcity.com to learn the alphabet and put
* First Graders are working with Lexia reading program and educationcity.com
to enhance their reading skills. They will be making alphabet books with
sentences and pictures using Kid Pix 3 Deluxe.
* Second Graders are working educationcity.com and Lexia to enhance their
reading and math skills. They will also make a "Who Am I"
slide show and booklet using Kid Pix 3 Deluxe.
* Third Graders are using Type To Learn 4, Lexia and educationcity.com reading
and math programs, word processing to write stories, Kid Pix 3 Deluxe to
produce slide shows and will work with Keynote in the spring to produce an
animal slide presentation.
* Fourth Graders are using Type To Learn 4, Lexia and educationcity.com
reading and math programs, and doing research using the Internet and
electronic encyclopedias. They are scanning, taking pictures, and writing
their reports to produce their own Keynote Presentation.
* Fifth Graders are researching topics on the Internet from their curriculum,
scanning, taking pictures, and writing their reports to produce their own
Keynote Presentation. They will link their projects together to make a
video to present to the parents or other classes. They will also produce an
iMovie in the spring dealing with a curricular area.
Students in grades 3 through 5 also use the Microsoft Office Word
and Excel to do many projects.
Through all these projects, the students have become producers, not
just consumers of software.