Frequently Asked Questions: This page contains answers to common questions
of students and parents.
- What is NTHS? How may I become a member of NTHS?
- How may I become an Intern in Early Childhood Education?
- What is FCCLA?
- Tell me about the Early Childhood Education Articulation Agreement with Wake Tech.
- What completer courses do you offer?
What is NTHS? How may I become a member of NTHS?
It is the National Technical Honor Society with chapters
established all over the United States and in the Virgin Islands. It
recognizes students who achieve in the areas of Character, Skill, Career and
Technical Education and Academics. Membership in NTHS is an honor which
is recognized by educational facilities and employers throughout the
country. Membership entitles you to three letters of recommendation from
the NTHS National Office to colleges and businesses. The society at FVHS
inducts new members in the spring of each year.
To become a member you must:
1. Be a junior or senior enrolled in and/or having taken the required number
of Career and Technical Education Classes.
2. Ask your CTE teacher to be nominated.
3. Have an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
4. Achieve a successful screening by the entire FVHS Staff based upon
NTHS character traits. Go to http://nths.org for more information.
How may I become an Intern in Early Childhood Education?
1 Have a strong desire to work with children ages birth to six years.
2. Have good attendance, grades and character.
3. Exhibit the qualities of patience, reliability, and genuine caring for
children. Provide a positive role-model for children.
4. Desire a future working with people in the areas of teaching, medicine,
social services,or in the family setting.
5. Complete an application and have your parents agree to the terms.
6. Meet the terms of the application including character and transportation.
What is FCCLA?
FCCLA is short for Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America. We are
a national entirely student-led organization focusing on Friendship,
Leadership, Scholarship, Community Service, and Fun. Students who are
enrolled in or have taken Family and Consumer Sciences classes in high school
or middle school are eligible for membership. All Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) students are
encouraged to become members of the FVHS Bengal Chapter.
Tell me about the Early Childhood Education Articulation Agreement with Wake Tech.
Students who take both Early Childhood Education 1 and 2 Honors will receive college
credits at Wake Technical Community College if they receive a class grade of B or higher and score 93% or higher on
the End of Course Assessment. They are also eligible to become teachers in child care facilities upon graduation.
What completer courses do you offer?
Early Childhood Education 2 Honors
Family and Consumer Sciences Advanced Studies
Early Childhood Education 2 Honors Cooperative Education