In math we are working on Chapter 18, Multiplication and Division. Don't worry,
we won't be doing long division! The concepts that multiplication is repeated
addition and division is sharing equally will be explored. We are also
exploring calendar and time. The class did quite well using clocks to match
the times in Eric Carle's book The Grouch Lady Bug. Please keep practicing
math facts to 20. The students still need to practice with numbers that make
10, doubles facts, and doubles plus one facts. Flashcards are helpful.
In science we are beginning a unit on butterflies. This unit will reinforce
the concepts learned while observing the meal worms go through metamorphosis.
In our backyards, the cicadas will be out soon, giving us another opportunity
to see the life cycle of an insect.
The following is a summary of homework assignments, but it is subject to change:
- Story Word Notebooks should be returned on Friday. (Although we won't be
making flashcards for the story words in school, you may make them at home if
you wish. Please keep reviewing the high frequency words.)
- Reading Logs will be collected Wednesday and be returned the same day.
- Spelling Notebooks should be returned on Friday.
- Spelling tests will go home Monday. Please sign and return the next day.
- Math pages should be completed and returned the next day.
- Please look over corrected math pages and go over corrections at home.
- Math tests should be signed and returned the next day.
- Other assignments should be returned the next day, unless noted otherwise.
Any questions, please contact me by note or e-mail.
Thank you for your support!