Below is a notice I sent home today with your son/daughter. Please take a moment and read through it.
To: All skiers and non-skiers of Grade 4
From: Mr. Carbone
Date: Feb. 7, 2014
Re: Feb. 27, 2013 (Mar.12 - rain date) ski trip to Butternut
There are a number of items listed below that need to be addressed before we go on this ski trip. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give me a call at the school (653-4285) or at my home (653-4292) & cell (456-0289) or email me at email@example.com.
1) Breakfast & Lunch - There are two options here; bring a bag breakfast & lunch or bring money to buy lunch in the ski lodge cafe. I recommend that you bring your own food as the cafe food at most ski area lodges is overpriced and only semi-digestible.
2) Dinner - We have money that you will be sending in to cover dinner ($10.00 per person). We will be stopping at a food court off the thruway.
3) Time of departure (morning) - We will be leaving the Quogue School at 5:00 AM sharp, so get to bed early and be at the school before 5:00 AM as we will be leaving on time. We must leave by 5:00 AM to avoid the NYC traffic.
4) Time of departure (afternoon) - We anticipate leaving the ski area on or about 4:00 PM; we will be stopping for dinner on the way home. The trip should take about 3 hours depending on traffic, expect us home at around 7:30 PM.
5) Clothing - Students should wear long underwear, snow pants, sweaters, mittens (these are better than gloves if it is a cold day), neck warmers, a warm hat (helmets can be rented for $10), eye wear (goggles), and a ski parka. (If you have any trouble getting ski clothing, there are two options: a) contact skiers that you know and ask to borrow the clothing you need or b) talk to Mr. Carbone as he has a lot of clothing from his boys when they skied.)
6) Electronic equipment - We will be watching movies on the way to and from Butternut, so Game Boys, x-box, iPods, and any other electronic equipment are not allowed. Books are better, please encourage them, I do!
7) Chaperones - The following adults will be attending and providing supervision:
Mrs. Adams, Mr. Fay, Mr. Carbone, Mrs. Jayne, Mr. MacLean, Mrs. Insalaco, Mr. Ehlers, Mrs. Lundborg, Mrs. Sattler, Mrs. Bertorello (please let Mr. Carbone know if you are interested in joining us if you are a skier)
8) Ski lessons - Mr. Fay and I will be giving lessons to all those students who have never skied before, or any student who feels that they would like to become a better skier. (I am a certified PSIA ski instructor.)
9) Cost to chaperones - Chaperones need to send in $25 for ski rental, $20 for a lift ticket and $10 for dinner; a total of $55, please send cash.
10) Permission slips and medical forms - Enclosed are the permission slips, and medical forms that we need parents (guardians) to fill out and return to school as soon as possible.
11) Money - Please send in your money ASAP! Again, $45 per student ($25 -ski rental, $10 -helmet, $10 -dinner) and $55 per adult ($25 -ski rental, $10 -dinner, & $20 - lift ticket)