Please Note: Assignments are for students in sections 640-04 = period 1
641-02 = period 5 and 640-03 = period 8
Mon. 5/13 Day 1 thru Fri. 5/17 Day 5: Students will be introduced to and
start to prepare a "Where in the Western Hemisphere is
Carmen Sandiego" game show this week. Students will be assigned
to work in teams but will earn an individual grade based on
written questions/answers, visuals created and a summary on
what they learned as they created their show. Shows will be
presented during class after Memorial Day.
Mon. 5/20 Day 6 thru Thu. 5/23 Day 3: finish preparations and rehearse
Carmen Sandiego game shows **shows will start to be presented
Tuesday, May 28**
*Friday, May 24 is the Fun Fair*
Tue. 5/28 Day 5 thru Fri. 5/31 Day 2: teams will be presenting their game
shows during class - "Where in the Western Hemisphere is
Fri. 5/31 Day 2 *This is the last day to turn in extra credit for the
fourth marking period.*
5 READING QUESTIONS (TAPED ON INSIDE COVER OF THEIR NOTEBOOK):
1. Look and skim the pages you will be reading. Write a summary sentence on
what you believe you will be reading about.
2. Think about and describe what you already know about the topic you will
be reading about.
[ANSWER 3 - 5 AFTER READING]
3. Write what you believe to be the most important fact in this passage.
4. What was the most interesting or surprising fact that you read?
5. Write in your own words a one-sentence summary of this reading selection.