FALL AND WINTER CONSIGNMENT SALE
Receiving Dates: Saturday, July 12 (10am - 5pm) and Sunday, July 13 (12pm - 5pm)
Pre-Sale for Consignors: Tuesday, July 15 (6pm-8pm; Guest with pass at 7pm)
Public Sale: Wednesday - Friday, July 16 - 18 (10am - 8pm)
Public Sale - Half Price (if marked): Saturday, July 19 (8am - Noon)
Pick-Up: Monday, July 21 (3:30-7:30pm)
You will need to seperate your boutique wear from your other clothing before your receiving appointment. Some of the brands featured in this section will be Matilad Jane, Persnickirty, Hadley and Finn, Hannah Anderson, Strausburg, Janie and Jack, Kelly's Kids, Mini Boden,Lilly Pulitzer and more.
PUBLIC SALE INFO
Friendship Christian School
5400 Coles Ferry Road
Wednesday, July 16 open 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursday, July 17 open 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday, July 18 open 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Half Price Sale:
If not marked ND
Saturday, July 19 open 8:00 am - Noon
On Saturday any remaining item that has NOT been marked "No Discount (ND)" by the Consignor is half price! That includes everything in the sale, whether it is marked one dollar or one hundred dollars!
Now accepting Credit Cards! A 2.75% usage fee will be charged.
Opportunities to Shop Prior to the Public Sale
Want to shop the sale before the public and have the best selection? There are several ways that you can earn a pass to shop our pre-sales, and we've listed them below.
Become a Volunteer Worker!
Volunteers are needed to help with the set-up, organization, actual sale, and tear-down the sale. We value their help so much that we will give them first dibs on shopping . . . the Volunteer Worker pre-sale is Tuesday, July 15th, see times listed below. This is the night before the sale opens to the public!
Work 3 shifts, shop at 3:00pm
Work 2 shifts, shop at 3:30pm
Work 1 shift, shop at 4:00pm
NOTICE! – if you are willing to work a sorting shift – sorting shifts start Saturday at Noon and going through pickup – it will count as 2 shifts for Pre Sale shopping times or you can shop ½ price on Friday July 19 5:00 to 8:00.
If you want to volunteer to work the sale and you are also going to consign, you can let us know what shift or shifts you will be interested in working at the same time you set up your receiving appointment. If you just want to volunteer to work the sale and are not going to consign, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-445-5526 and leave your name, phone number and what shift or shifts you are interested in working. You can also click the Sign up Genius link at the bottom of the page to sign up for your volunteer shift online! Shift dates and times are also posted at the bottom of this document.
Become a Consignor!
Consignors will receive 70% of their selling price and 30% will go to the Topsider Parent Organization. Consignor's participation fee $7.00 will be deducted from this amount.
Obviously we can't have a sale without the Consignors! Consignors can shop the pre-sale on Tuesday, July 15th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Consignors will also receive a guess pass at their receiving appointment. The guest pass is for one guest to shop the pre-sale on Tuesday, July 15th from 7:00 pm - 8:00pm.
*It is helpful to bring a laundry basket or tote to deposit the items you plan to purchase in so that your arms are free to collect more!
Consignor number -
HOW TO CONSIGN
BEFORE you begin, you will need to read and follow the steps below. PLEASE be sure to read each one to ensure all of the consigning requirements are met.
PREPARING ITEMS FOR SALE
Scheduling Your Appointment:
To schedule an appointment, please call 615-445-5526 or send us an email at email@example.com. If you send an email, please include your full name, address, home telephone number, your consignor number and your first and second preference of day and time you would like for your appointment. Appointments are scheduled in fifteen minute increments. A Topsider representative will return your call or email as soon as possible.
Click on the link below to see available appointment times.
We will no longer be checking our email once receiving begins. If you have not scheduled your receiving appointment by then, you will need to call 615-445-5526. Walk-ins are welcome at any time during receiving; however you may have to wait.
Items that ARE accepted:
(all items must be sale season appropriate, of current styles, clean, smell fresh and in great condition!)
•Infant and children's clothing
• Maternity clothing
• Men's and women's clothing (5 items of each)
• Dance wear
• School uniform shorts/pants/skirts in Khaki, Navy or Black (must be near knee length) and solid polo shirts
• Pageant and formal gowns
• Clean shoes in like-new condition, including cleats, dance shoes, etc.
• Children's furniture in good working order - cribs, changing tables, toddler beds, bassinets, highchairs, etc (must be assembled at FCS during consignor drop-off); if you are in doubt as to whether a large item is acceptable for the sale, you may email us or call us for pre-approval before you drop-off
• Baby equipment - pack 'n plays, strollers, exersaucers, playgyms, bouncer seats, baby carriers, etc
• Carseats and booster seats under five years old (please call DOT @ 800-424-9393 to ensure that they have not been recalled)
• Nursery items - clean, gently used bedding, Boppy pillows, baby bathtubs, monitors, mobiles, etc
• Kids' toys, including small ones like action figures and blocks, as well as large ones like play kitchens and rocking horses (all toys must be in good working order with batteries included and no broken or missing pieces)
• Pretend play, dress-up clothes, and very gently loved dolls
• Children's bikes, ride-on toys and wagons in GREAT condition
• Books, including children's storybooks, as well as those on pregnancy, childbirth and childcare
• Children's games, with all associated pieces
• Electronics, including Leap Pads, Nintendo/Playstation systems and games, handheld video games, etc (only those rated E, E-10 and T with NO language warning)
• Movies on VHS and DVD (only those rated PG-13 and below)
• Any kid-related item in good condition!
Items that are NOT accepted:
(please look your items over carefully to ensure they meet our standards before spending time tagging them)
• Clothing that is out-of-date, out-of-season, stained, torn, faded, with missing buttons or broken zippers
•Any recalled item - check the Consumer Product Safety Commission's website atwww.cpsc.govif in doubt about a particular item
• Drop side cribs
• Used sippy cups, pacifiers or nipples (unless new in original packaging)
• Stuffed animals (except those that "do" something, like Tickle Me Elmo, Build-A-Bear animals with accessories, etc.)
• Underwear (unless new in original packaging)
• Cloth diapers or diaper covers (unless new in original packaging)
• Battery operated items without batteries
• Anything broken or with missing parts
• Only 5 pieces of identical clothing regardless of size (this is meant to keep the spirit of "consignment" alive and is primarily directed at those clearance rack shoppers who are buying everything off the $1.99 rack, then marking items up to make a profit.)
• Adult bedding
Tips to help your items sell better:
*All clothing items should be clean, pressed, and have all zippers and buttons closed. Stains sometimes rise up after being stored - please check each item carefully before tagging! Also, sometimes clothes that have been stored take on a stale scent. To help freshen your clothing, fluff them in the dryer with a dryer sheet or spray them with a fabric freshener such as Febreeze.
*Clothing in sets generally sell better than single items - match up outfits or hang two or three pieces as a set (especially in the case of infant sleepers, etc) whenever possible
*If your item is a recognized name brand (ex. Gymboree, Strasburg, Janie & Jack), be sure to write it in the description on the tag to draw attention to it
*Include instruction manuals for strollers, carseats, and other equipment whenever possible
*Price items reasonably by looking at them objectively, taking into consideration their brand, popularity and condition; ask yourself, "What would I pay for this item?"
*When tagging a larger, more expensive item such as a crib, it can be helpful to provide the original retail price paid in order to demonstrate to the shopper what a savings they would be getting
*Consider joining pieces together with zip ties, twine, or safety pins if appropriate
*Make sure that tags are securely fastened to your items - we cannot sell an item without the tag
Materials Needed to Prepare Items for Sale:
Hangers (wire or tubular plastic - they MUST make a closed triangle shape)
3x5 inch index cards (or cardstock cut to 3x5 size - no sticky notes or regular paper)
One inch or larger safety pins (no straight pins!)
Pen or marker to write tag descriptions (no pencil, please!)
Clear packaging tape
Blue painter's tape or masking tape
Consignors set their own prices, using only one dollar ($1.00) and fifty cent ($.50) increments. A general rule for pricing items is to calculate 25-50% of the original retail price paid. When deciding on price points, the consignor should keep in mind the popularity, brand, and condition of the item. On Half Price Day, the last day of the sale, any item that has not previously sold will be 50% off the tagged price, unless the consignor writes ND (No Discount) on the tag. If you plan to give your unsold items away after the sale, consider letting them go half price on the last day so that you're able to get some money for them.
Our free perforated and printed index cards are available for pick up at the following locations:
College Hills Church of Christ
1401 Leeville Pike, Lebanon
*cards will be in the main office Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm and Sunday 8:00am-12:00pm
Friendship Christian School
5400 Coles Ferry Pike, Lebanon
*cards will be in the high school office Tuesday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm
109 Hartman Drive, Lebanon
*cards will be available Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm
Corky Cross State Farm
311 Division Street, Mt. Juliet
*cards will be available Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
(Take a moment to thank these businesses when you go in for cards. It is extremely generous of them to allow us to put the cards in their offices.)
Every item that Consignors include in the consignment sale MUST be tagged with a 3x5 inch index card, positioned horizontally. We will use these tags to calculate Consignors' earnings, so the consistent size is important so that small tags do not get lost amid larger ones. PLEASE do not use Post-It notes, small slips of paper, masking tape or anything other than 3x5 cards to create your tags, or we will double your consignor fee!
The tags must be attached to clothing and other soft items with one inch or larger safety pins, pinned horizontally through the top of the index card. Plastic items like toys should have their tags firmly affixed with packaging tape, while on items such as books, tags should be attached with blue painter's tape or masking tape, so as not to damage the covers. The Consignor should legibly print the following information on the tags (see example tag below):