Student will be evaluated on all documents turned into the publishing review
committe. The following list details the expectations and point values for
each document. You will also need to turn in your choice of extension
activity, found in the conclusion section.
The Research Journal
- There are at least 10 facts, in your own words, supporting your assigned
* 10 points: 1 point per fact
- These facts came from at least two documented sources.
* 6 points: 3 points for each source used
- These facts are written in complete sentences.
* 10 points: 1 point for each fact written in a complete sentence
- There is a summary paragraph, of at least 5 sentences, at the end of the
journal. This paragraph sums up your arguements as to why the book
should be written from this particular perspective.
* 10 points: Paragraph is long enough and contains the proper information
TOTAL POINTS: 36 points
Pros and Cons T-Chart
- There are at least 3 pro's listed for your perspective, that make sense
* 6 points: 2 points for each pro listed
- There are at least 3 con's listed for your perspective, that make sense
* 6 points: 2 points for each con listed
TOTAL POINTS: 12 points
Completed Children's Book
- Ending makes sense based on the perspective choosen by your group
* 10 points
- There are at least 5 pages, front and back, in your book
* 10 points: 1 point per page completed
- There are full-page and full-color, crayon or colored pencil drawings on
* 10 points: 1 point per page with illustrations that meet the above
- The book's words follow the rythm and meter of the originial Dr. Seuss
book, The Lorax
* 10 points: words follow the pattern of the first book
- There are words on each page either typed or written in colored ink
* 10 points: 1 point per page
- The book is neat and colorful
* 10 points
- Each group members name is listed on the front cover of the book with
their class period
* 5 points: 1 point per group member and period
TOTAL POINTS: 65 points
Conclusion Extention Activity
- Choose one of the activities listed in the conclusion section of the
WebQuest. You may choose whatever you would like, but be sure to be
neat, thorough, and colorful.
* 15 points
TOTAL POINTS: 15 points
- Points will be awarded based on daily participation and on-task
behaviors. Although this is a group grade, students may loose individual
points for being off-task, goofing off, not completing their part of the
assignment, or not giving their personal best.
* 22 points
TOTAL POINTS: 22 points
TOTAL PROJECT POINTS: 150 points
Please feel free to print this page off for refrence throughout the project!