Stuart Hall Cochran Middle School
|Home | Orchestra | Chorus | Transition Math 6 | Algebra Readiness 6 | Science 6 | English 6 | History 6 | Music 6 | Art 6 | Technology 6 | Theater 6 | PE & Health 6 | Algebra 1 7th Grade | Pre-Algebra 7 | Science 7 | English 7 | Civics 7 | Exploratory French | Exploratory Spanish | Technology 7 | Music 7 | Art 7 | Theater 7 | PE & Health 7 | Pre-Algebra 8 | Algebra 1 | Algebra 1 Honors | Science 8 | Literature 8 | World Geography | French 1 | Spanish 1 | Technology 8 | Music 8 | Art 8 | Theater 8 | PE & Health 8 | Miss Appleby|
French 1 work from May 20th 2013 to May 30th 2013.
Please prepare your topic of revision for MONDAY MAY 20th.
We will review ALL week together for the FINAL EXAM which will take place on THURSDAY MAY 30TH IN THE AUDITORIUM at 8:00 AM.
Review section preparation.
DUE ON MONDAY 20th 2013
You will prepare one page (two-sided) for distribution to the class.
Submit a paper copy. No electronic submissions, please.
Include an explanation and examples of your assigned topic.
Include text page numbers for reference.
Be clear and concise.
Include practice exercises related to your assigned topic.
You do not need to turn in an answer key, but you should be prepared to offer answers to your work.
IN-CLASS: You will present your handout to the class. You will have 7-10 minutes.
Classmates will do the practice exercises on their own, outside of class (so do not count this in to your presentation time)
List of topics: choose one of them to be the absolute EXPERT on…
1. Adjectives (physical description and others) P 138 and p 165 to 168.
BANGS Adjectives. P 174 . Expressing your opinion with C’EST… p 178.
2. Comparing things, places or people with 2 adjectives p 280.
3. Où habites-tu? Vocabulary of places in town and being able to describe where you live. P 196 to 198.
4. Verb ALLER and how to use the preposition À with it. Present tense and to express the near future). Common vocabulary to express the near future (demain, le mois prochain…) p 206 to 212.
5. Rooms of the house. P 200 and …
6. Jouer à or jouer de + vocabulary of sports, music and games. P 220.
7. Expressing possession. The construction le + noun + de or d’. p 228-229.
Extended Vocabulary of family.
8. Possessive adjectives: mon, ton, son etc… p 230 to 232.
9. Les vêtements. P 256 to 259. Expressing your opinion about clothing. P 262.
10. Quel, ce, mettre, acheter, préférer.
11. –IR verbs.
12. Commands. How to express an order…p 292.
13. Etre, Avoir and Faire: three of the most important verbs to know in French.
14. Typical conjugation of an –ER verb + Practice exercises.
A few important topics to review by yourselves:
- How to form a negative sentence.
- Question words review. P 106 to 108.
- FAIRE review. Expressions typically used with the verb FAIRE and conjugation. P 110 and vocabulary of sports p 313.