Here is where we will write important announcements. Parents who sign up for NewsFlash will be able to receive updates via email and/or cell phone text message.
Here are some important details regarding next week's conferences. Help us reach 100% participation!!
1. Conferences will be held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 1:30-4. There is an Open House format from 5-7 PM on Wednesday the 14th.
2. You get an appointment by going on our main page of this website where there is link to an online sign-up OR there was a paper version that went home this week. Please send it back to the Main Office with an appointment time.
3. Both you and your student need to be at conferences because of the chosen format. There is a student-led portion that is equally important for students to develop professional skills and helps them take ownership of their learning. There is also aportion where a one of your student's teachers will be there to answer questions, concerns, and to share informaiton about testing, goal-setting, and interventions.
4. If either of you can't attend any of the appointment times, we still value a live conference with you. Please schedule a phone conference or another time to come in. Or come during the Open House time. This isn't the only time to establish contact with us, but it is a good time to measure how things are going and to catch missteps early.
5. Your path during your conference should look like this: Start in the gym to pick up the portfolio and sign in; find your conference room and do the conference; find the Specialist teachers in room 13 to discuss elective class progress; find the Spanish teachers in room 15 to discuss their progress in language; then go up to our library to get your parent access codes for Skyward (grades, etc) and to take a short survey; then head back to the gym to drop off your portfolio material and head home. Whew!
If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 253-583-5418. We want to have 100% participation, so we need you to have the correct information. Thanks for all your support!